This contract involves contacting a North Korean community leader and fending off an ambush from Queen of Spades.
- 1. Find community leader
- 1a. Death of community leader prior to contact will result in contract cancellation
- 2. Verify the Queen of Spades
Supplies & Support GivenEdit
- BJ 2020 delivery - $9,060
- Artillery Strike - $40,000
- Artillery Barrage - $80,000
- Artillery Bombardment - $120,000
- Fuel Air Bomb - $160,000
- Chinese Supply Drop - $4,800
- Heavy Weapons Drop - $6,800
When the contract begins head to the Unsan Village. You will find it almost completely deserted save for a small Chinese force, a handful of civilians, and the community leader.
Before approaching the community leader, take note of the supplies available around the temple. The western side features a SAM launcher, AT missile launcher, and numerous ammunition crates, which will all come in handy during this contract. On the eastern side there are five medkits, should you need one. As soon as you speak to the community leader the North Koreans will launch their assault on the village. Do not run out of the temple when the attack occurs, or you will be instantly killed by an artillery strike.
When the fighting begins, 3 BMPs will spawn (2 below the temple steps and one blocking the bridge), a Control Vehicle well behind the 2 BMPs, near the edge of the island, an SA-8 Anti-Air in front of a large building on the eastern end of the island, and an Mi-35 Gunship will begin attacking the Temple. The Mi-35 is usually taken down by the Chinese forces with their SAM launchers.
The Village sprouts a second Control Vehicle (south of the road that runs between the bridge and the Village entrance), 2 more BMPs, 2 SA-8s (one below the northern highland and one on the plateau itself) and a T-62 at the approach to the plateau where the Queen appears. Two T-62s and a BMP will stream into the Village from the entrance.
You can use a helo for this if you plan ahead. Do not place it in the Village, because DPRK troops will steal it and use it against you. It also cannot be parked near the Temple, or it will be destroyed. When you arrive at the Village, head to a point on the edge of the island that is due south of the secondary building. It will not be stolen if parked there.
As soon as shooting starts, head to the west edge of the temple wall. Use an AT launcher to take out the 2 SA-8s. Then, head to the east side and then jump over the south wall and slide down the mount. If you have more missiles, start firing at BMPs, Control Vehicles and the SA-8 on the island. Alternately, use C4 to take out the SA-8 and Control Vehicle.
Once the SA-8s are knocked out, use your helo to deal with the remaining tanks and BMPs in the Village. You should have either the Ka-50 or Mi-35. Remember, 2 missiles for a T-62 and one for a BMP/Control Vehicle. An Mi-35 will have just enough missiles. The Ka-50 should have 4-5 left. If you have the Ka-50, be careful with your gunfire in the village as civilians are present. Avoid using large, powerful airstrikes on targets in the village. There are at least 6 civilians and collateral damage is likely to occur.
Once everything has been taken care of, head up the hill to where the Queen is and verify him to complete the contract.
The value of the contract is the value of the face card, which is $350,000 alive or $175,000 dead. Upon completion of this contract, intel regarding the location of the Nine of Spades will be given.
Sender: Captain Kai Leu
Subject: Contract: 'Two Degrees of Separation'
This guy had better be forthcoming with the card location--the Queen of Spades is one of the last keys to Song.
Contract Terms & Conditions
1. Find community leader
1a. Death of community leader prior to contact will result in contract cancellation
2. Verify the Queen of Spades
Bounty Value: $350,000 alive/$175,000 dead
The player enters the HQ
- Colonel Peng: Our control over this province is almost complete. The North Koreans are learning that life as a member of the People's Republic means food, safety and security. Some remnants of Song's army still resist. A former member of his force is willing to give us the location of Colonel Jung [sic], whom the Allies call the 'Queen of Spades'. Capture Jung[sic], and you will be well paid. And the people of North Korea will feel more secure.
The player remains in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: I did not imagine so much of what I have accomplished here would be due to the efforts of one mercenary. Though it pains me to say it; I am in your debt.
The player still remains in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: Slowly, the North Koreans come to understand that life for them as a province of China will be far better than any of the alternatives.
The player continues to remain in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: Luck in battle, Mercenary. You will find Song. Of this, I am sure.
The player accepts the contract
- Fiona: What do you think are your chances of getting the leader to talk?
A few moments later
- Fiona: A Chinese scout team reached the Unsan Village. They secured the temple where the community leader is located.
If the community leader is killed at any point
- Fiona: The leader is dead! How could this happen?!
The player talks to the leader
- Community Leader: You must be the mercenary. I will...
Large explosions are heard. A North Korean armored and aerial force begins attacking the temple, backed by artillery. The Queen of Spades appears on the other side of the village
- Fiona: We've got a problem. North Korean forces are rapidly approaching the lake with some heavy firepower.
The player verifies the Queen
- Fiona: Excellent work! That's the last of the Chinese face cards.
- Peng mistakenly refers to Colonel 'Park' as Colonel 'Jung'.
- Some of the explosions at the beginning of the contract are actually C4 charges. A glitch may cause some of them to not detonate and they will stay on the ground, continuously beeping.