The Acid Queen is the ninth contract for the South Koreans and the third for them in the third quarter of Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. The contract takes place in the Northern Province of North Korea.
The contract involves destroying a North Korean chemical plant where chemical weapons are being manufactured and then verifying the Queen of Hearts, with the optional condition of also destroying the four SA-8 Anti-Air units in the area.
- Destroy the chemical plant
- Verify the Queen of Hearts
BONUS: Destroy the SAMs in the area. (After the e-mail has been received)
Supplies & support givenEdit
- 1 × Carpet Bomb - 1st one free
- 1 × S. Korean LHX Light Attack helicopter - It will be available outside the HQ
The value of the contract is the value of the face card, which is $225,000 alive or $112,500 dead. The bonus conditions nets the player an additional $50,000 for each SAM destroyed.
Sender: Lieutenant Yung Kim
Subject: Contract: 'The Acid Queen'
"The chemical plant is inside the Queen's production complex. Buford wants it destroyed. Colonel Namgung will probably stay hidden until after you blow it up. Once you seriously threaten his operation, he'll either try to flee or stop you. Be prepared for either eventually."
- The Chemical Complex, where the chemical plant is located, is on the opposite side of the map from where the South Korean HQ is, in Chongju.
- The name of the contract (The Acid Queen) is a referring to the contract target (Queen of Hearts).
- In addition, the contract title may be a reference to "The Acid Queen," a song by Pete Townshend.
- An early version of The Acid Queen contract was featured in the demo version of Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction as the only playable mission.