- "Clear out a whole roadway!"
- — Merchant of Menace store caption
- "Don't let a little thing like a an armored tank column stand in your way. Rat out those North Koreans to Allied Air Command, and they'll take care of everything for you, while leaving buildings and infantry alone."
- — Merchant of Menace store description
The Tank Buster is an extremely effective anti-armor air strike that can destroy several armored vehicles in a single run. It is comparable to the Surgical Strike, Cluster Bomb and Gunship Support I, II, III.
The Tank Buster is fairly costly and is recommended to use when surrounded by tanks and other armor vehicles, or to clear an area densely populated with armored vehicles.
- Unlocked by: Complete 'Reactor Retrieval'
- Cost: $200,000
- Guidance: Satellite
- Delivery: Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II
- "Air support attacks enemy armor in a wide area."
- — Stockpile caption
- "Tank Buster, not cow buster."
- — Misha explaining a Tank Buster
The Tank Buster is an extremely cheap and commonly found airstrike when compared to what it can do. When called in, Misha will fly over the target area with an A-10 in the direction the player was facing when the smoke grenade started. During this fly by, he will fire enough or more AGM-65s to destroy all ground armor above APC status (APCs, IFVs and Tanks) on the minimap.
One thing that should be very clear is that the Tank Buster will not affect anything else than APCs, IFVs and Tanks, Misha enthusiatically and slightly incorrectly repeats that it will only bust tanks (and not cars or cows).
During contracts when faced with heavy and a lot of armor, be sure to stockpile a few Tank Busters, these can make a contract significantly easier.
- Unlocked by:
- Cost: $200k at the PLAV, Allied Nations and Chinese Shop
- Guidance: Smoke Grenade
- Fuel: 200 gallons
- Delivery: A-10 Thunderbolt II