| You have GOT to be kidding me.|
This article does not fit the vehicle page standards outlined by the "Vehicle Overhaul Project".
Please improve this article as soon as you can.
The Spectrum is a series of Civilian vehicles featured in Mercenaries 2: World in Flames.
The Spectrum, as its name implies, covers a broad spectrum of models, ranging from a basic sedan to a full-spec competition model. The five Spectrum models are:
- A basic sedan, simply called "Spectrum"
- The base coupe, appropriately named "Spectrum Coupe"
- An upgraded coupe called the "Spectrum Elite," which features improved performance and different wheels
- An upgraded sedan, the "Spectrum Sport," which, in spite of its cosmetic improvements, does not perform any differently from the sedan
- The "Spectrum GTX," a competition version of the Elite. Features the same bodywork and wheels, but with a racing style paintjob and greatly improved performance.
No variants of the Spectrum are armed, and all variants feature weak Type 1 armor, making the Spectrums vulnerable to all manner of weapons fire. Rifle and machine gun bullets will damage the vehicle, while tank shells, recoilless rifle rounds, RPGs, helicopter rockets, ATGMs, etc., will destroy it instantly. That said, Spectrum sedan models are fairly common early in the game, and can make convenient troop transports with their four-person capacity. The high-performance versions are also useful as getaway vehicles. Therefore the Spectrum is best used as a transportation vehicle, and is not suited for combat.
The Spectrum is based on several contemporary luxury models, including the Infinity G35 and G37, as well as the BMW 3-series and the Mercedes-Benz C-series sedans and coupes.