- Interrupt Mafia inspection of the KIFV
- Destroy or recover the KIFV
Supplies & Support GivenEdit
The player is supplied with or given as support:
- 1 × Gunship Support - Free
- 1 × S. Korean K966 Scout Delivery - Free
- 1 × South Korean Supply Drop - Free
There is a five minute time limit from when the contract starts to when the player fails the contract. This timer will stop as soon as the Mafia spot the mercenary entering the base, or you hop into the KIFV. Note that there are numerous Mafia thugs in the base armed with AA missile launchers, so approaching via the air will be risky.
The Mafia base is restricted territory, so you'll need to grab a Mafia disguise to get in without being shot. Fortunately, Mafia Technicals can often be found patrolling the roads in front of the base. Grab one, obtain a disguise, and drive though the base's front gate. Quickly drive up to the KIFV, hop in, and immediately head straight for one of the side fences at the front of the base (the KIFV should run over these easily). You need to be quick because an MD-530 Scout will quickly make an appearance, and there is also a recoilless rifle and RPG troop within the base, all of which can put quite a dent in the KIFV. Once you get out of the base you're home free.
Alternatively, if you choose to plan ahead, go to Mafia HQ in Yongbyon. On the east side of the Mafis Garage you will find a Mafia H2 ready for the taking. It will give you the choice of challenge (drive from Mafia HQ to SK HQ). Either way, you're going to drive it to the SK HQ and park it before accepting the assignment. It saves quite a bit of time and fuss, and further reduces the possibility of negative hits on your Faction Cred with the Mafia.
The value of the contract is $110,000 if the vehicle is destroyed or $160,000 if it is recovered. Completing this contract will make the Cruise Missile Strike available for purchase from the Merchant of Menace. Intel regarding the location of the Three of Hearts will also be given.
Sender: Lieutenant Yung Kim
Subject: Contract: 'Repo Man'
Buford's not going to be able to run his own private war if his superiors learn about that lost KIFV. It won't take long for the Mafia to tear it apart and learn what makes it tick. If you don't interrupt that process, Buford gets a royal chewing out, and we don't get our money.
Stop that Mafia inspection of the KIFV. Then either destroy it, or get it back to SK HQ.
Contract Terms & Conditions
1. Interrupt mafia inspection of the KIFV
2. Destroy or recover KIFV
Contract value: $110,000 destroyed/$160,000 recovered
The player enters the HQ
- Agent Buford: Surveillance crew got caught with their pants down by some Mafia mooks and, uh...they stole one of our top secret Electronic warfare KIFVs. Now, we can't abide another Hainan Island-type incident, so...you may use any means necessary to keep that technology out of the enemies' hands. I'd prefer it if you brought it back but, if you gotta blow it up...I can deal with that.
The player remains in the HQ
- Agent Buford: Those Russian bastards crawl around like dung beetles, buying and selling anything that ain't nailed down.
The player still remains in the HQ
- Agent Buford: Gotta be a way to get that Sergei fella workin' for me. That's presuming that KGB assassin they got spyin' on him don't shoot him first.
The player continues to remain in the HQ
- Agent Buford: Will you get the hell out there and get my KIFV back?!
The player accepts the contract
- Fiona: Buford's starting to sound a little burned-out to me.
- Fiona: The KIFV was designed for electronic warfare. It acts as a radar jammer, so you'll have to rely on your wits in there.
- Fiona: Once the Mafia start shooting at you, they'll stop inspecting the KIFV.
If the timer reaches 2:30
- Fiona: The Mafia are halfway done with analyzing the KIFV's contents. better interrupt that process before they've finished!
If there is 30 seconds left on the timer
- Fiona: The Mafia are nearly finished tearing the KIFV apart. Stop them before they grab all the classified data!
If the timer runs out
- Fiona: We're too late--the Mafia have already extracted all the top-secret information from the KIFV. Contract cancelled.
The player is spotted by the Mafia
- Mafia Soldier: We've got trouble. Send backup immediately.
- Fiona: Good going, you've halted the Mafia inspector's analysis of the KIFV.
- Mafia Soldier: He's here for the KIFV! Stop him!
If the player destroys the KIFV
- Fiona: The KIFV has been destroyed. Contract fulfilled.
The player enters the KIFV
- Fiona: Get the KIFV back to the SK HQ on the double.
- Mafia Soldier: Stop him, he's getting away!
The player returns the KIFV to SK HQ
- Fiona: The KIFV has been returned to the South Koreans intact. Contract fulfilled.
- A "Repo Man" is someone who takes back an object from one party and returns it to another. This is essentially what the player does: Take back a vehicle from the Mafia and returns it to the South Koreans.