- Protect Chinese officers
BONUS: No Chinese officers killed
Supplies & Support GivenEdit
- Artillery Strike x1 - Free
- Artillery Barrage - $80,000
- Chinese BJ2020 Scout Delivery - $9,600
- Chinese Supply Drop - $4,800
As soon as you begin the mission there will be a 3 minute and 40 second timer, representing the time until the South Koreans arrive at the Propaganda Village. Hop into the nearby BJ2020 loaded with two Chinese soldiers and you should make it there with more than a minute to spare. Note that all of the SK forces will be attacking from the south entrance of the village, where the Chinese have set up their main defenses. There is also a Type 80 tank located next to the officers if you wish to use it
Once the timer runs out, SK forces will begin their assault. Man the recoilless rifle in the middle of the Chinese defenses and shoot the incoming K1025 Scouts. If you quickly kill them while they are alone you can avoid any reputation loss with the South Koreans. After the first wave is destroyed, they will start sending in K966 Scouts, sometimes two at a time. Once again, if destroyed quickly enough you will not lose faction standing. After a few K966s have arrived, an LHX Light Attack will arrive and start attacking the officers, so take it out. A single RPG rocket should be enough, thought his may lower your reputation. alternatively, hop into either a BJ2020 or the nearby Type 80 and have a Chinese soldier hop into the gunner position. Follow the LHX as it flies around and your gunner should shoot it out of the sky, without losing any standing with the South Koreans.
Once the LHX has been taken out, or a certain amount of time has passed, the SK forces will begin ramping up their offensive, sending columns of K1025s and K966s, some loaded with RPG troops, to assault the Chinese position. Once enough Scouts have been destroyed, a K200 APC will appear inside the village and begin moving towards the officers very quickly. The best way to take out the K200 without incurring faction loss is to simply run up and commandeer it, killing the driver and ending the contract (despite the SK forces inside still being alive).
The value of the contract is $60,000 plus an additional $20,000 for the bonus objective. Completing this contract will make the BMP APC available for purchase from the Merchant of Menace. Intel regarding the location of the Seven of Diamonds will also be given.
Sender: Captain Kai Leu
Subject: Contract: 'Persuasion'
Once the South Koreans learn that the Chinese are intent on holding the Propaganda Village, they will definitely try to destroy their center of command. Make sure you protect the Chinese officers marked on your SNS, or their defenses will be overrun!
Contract Terms & Conditions
1. Protect Chinese officers
BONUS: No Chinese officers killed
Contract value: $60,000 Bonus value: $20,000
The player enters the HQ. Peng is talking to someone on the phone in Chinese
- Colonel Peng: (in Chinese) to be filled
Peng turns his attention towards the mercenary
- Colonel Peng: The South Koreans are moving their troops through the 'Propaganda Village' and reinforcing their positions beyond. I have stationed troops in the faux village to ambush them. You will go there, and aid them. You will, of course, be paid well for your efforts.
The player remains in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: I predicted this would happen. The South Koreans could not ignore the chance to reunify their broken country.
The player still remains in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: But I did not plan on Special Agent Buford taking such an active role. His mind is subtle, and he manages his pieces with insight and precision.
The player continues to remain in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: If you delay, they will take the village and I will be forced into open war! This you must prevent!
The player accepts the contract
- Fiona: Feels like the Chinese and South Koreans are on a collision course.
If all officers are killed at any point in the contract
- Fiona: All right, that's it. Get out of there. You're not going to be able to hold them off.
30 seconds until the South Koreans arrive
- Fiona: The South Koreans will be here any second now. You must stop them from entering the village!
The player takes out the wave of K966s and the LHX helicopter
- Fiona: I've intercepted some South Korean communications--it definitely sounds like we're throwing them for a loop. They're considering pulling out of the village. So keep holding them back!
After many more wave of SK units, a K200 APC will appear. Once the player takes it out the contract is completed
- Fiona: Good job. The South Koreans should think twice before taking on Colonel Peng, and us, again.