- Destroy all NK artillery before 25,000 civilians are killed
- Verify the Jack of Diamonds
Supplies & Support GivenEdit
The player is given as support and supplied with:
- ∞ × South Korean Supply Drop - $4,000
- ∞ × Gunship Support - $40,000
- ∞ × Stealth Fighter Attack - $40,000
- ∞ × Stealth Bomber Attack - $200,000
- 1 × Cruise Missile Strike - Free (Available after destroying M1978 Artillery guns and finding the Type-07 Supergun prototype)
Once the contract begins you will need to head towards Ichon, and eventually the Black Gate, the same area the last contract took place. Around the time you reach Ichon a counter will be displayed on screen, showing you how many civilians have been killed. All artillery must be destroyed before this counter reaches 25,000. As you drive through Ichon you'll notice many K200 APCs and LHX Light Attacks parked along the runway. You are free to take any of these, and should take one of the LHX helicopters as they will prove useful. Up ahead you'll find South Korean forces fighting NK forces, mainly comprised of BMP APCs, along the road leading to the Black Gate.
Once you reach the Black Gate you'll find two T-54 tanks and numerous emplaced weapons. Airstrikes or the LHX's AT missiles should make quick, safe work of these defenses. Once inside the fortress the artillery pieces will be pinged on your radar, all seven of them. Fortunately the M1978 is not resistant to small arms fire, so the LHX's machine gun (or any gun for that matter) will destroy them. Be careful of the numerous MG nests scattered around the hills and a single ZSU-57 near the bridge, as they can easily damage and destroy the LHX.
Once the four artillery pieces in the first section of the fortress are destroyed, the last three can be found over the river, past the bridge. Be careful if you're using a helicopter as there are two ZSUs stationed on the other side of the bridge. Further back on the hills are two SA-8s which will tear right through most helicopters. It's best to land the helicopter at the bridge and take out the SA-8s from afar before continuing. If you do lose your helicopter there are two helipads with MD-500s just in front of the bridge, though you need to be quick as KPA soldiers will jump into them once alerted to your presence. Once all artillery pieces are destroyed you will receive an update and be told to investigate a location at the very back of the fortress.
Upon investigation you will find a massive supergun prototype, with a nearby radar jammer. The supergun is a hardened structure, meaning only a Cruise Missile Strike or Bunker Buster can take it out. Fortunately, Buford will supply you with a free cruise missile, unfortunately, you'll need to destroy the jammer to use it. Destroy the jammer at the back of the supergun and then call in the cruise missile to destroy the supergun. Once it is destroyed the Jack of Diamonds will appear next to the supergun. Verify him and complete the contract.
The value of the contract is $150,000 for the Jack alive or $75,000 if the bounty is killed. Completing this contract will make the Gunship Support II available for purchase from the Merchant of Menace. Intel regarding the location of the Ten of Diamonds will also be given.
Sender: lieutenant Yung Kim
Subject: Contract: 'Master of None'
The Jack of Diamonds has turned his artillery on Seoul. You've got to stop him before too many innocents die!
Contract Terms & Conditions
1. Destroy all NK artillery before 25,000 civilians die
2. Verify the Jack of Diamonds
Bounty value: $150,000 alive/$75,000 dead
The player enters the HQ. Buford and Major Park are talking with each other
- Major Park: (in Korean) needs to be filled
- Agent Buford: (in Korean) needs to be filled
Buford turns his attention to the mercenary
- Agent Buford: Colonel Ji An, the Jack of Diamonds, is holed up in a mountain fortress shelling this whole area with heavy artillery. He's got a gun aimed at Seoul he's been dying to use and since his master, Song, has got the A.N. all tied up, he's decided now's as good a time as any to murder tens of thousands of civilians. Need I say more?
The player remains in the HQ
- Agent Buford: I hear they're building an even bigger gun. A supergun. Fires radioactive shells. Just what I need.
The player still remains in the HQ
- Agent Buford: Normally, I wouldn't care about a city being bombed, but I've put 30 years into this place, and I'm not going to sit here and watch some thug blow the hell out of it.
The player continues to remain in the HQ
- Agent Buford: You hear that? That was the sound of another hundred thousand people DYING because you were screwing around in here!
The player accepts the contract
- Fiona: Your primary objective is to destroy all the artillery before Seoul is leveled.
- Fiona: Jack of Diamonds, eh? Have we got a plan this time?
The player approaches Ichon
- Fiona: I'm tracking the current casualties in the city. If you don't stop the shelling before 25,000 civilians are killed, Buford will pull the plug on this operation.
If the death toll reaches 20,000
- Fiona: Hurry up or there will be no one left to save.
If the death toll reaches 25,000
- Fiona: I've just got word from Buford. Seoul is in rubble. There's no point continuing.
The player enters the Black gate
- Fiona: There's the artillery in the hills!
The player destroys an artillery piece
- Fiona: You've destroyed the first battery.
The player crosses the bridge to the second half of the fortress
- Fiona: There is a heavy concentration of AA up ahead, so be careful.
The player destroys six artillery pieces
- Fiona: Good work only one more left.
The player destroys all artillery pieces
- Fiona: That should be all of the artillery. Wait, what's that?
The player investigates the location
- Fiona: My god, how could the Allies have missed that gun? You've got to destroy it!
The player destroys the supergun
- Fiona: There's the Jack!
The player verifies the Jack of Diamonds
- Fiona: Well done hero. That's a good day's work, and thousands can sleep in safety tonight thanks to you.
- Mattias: Too bad they'll never know my name.
- Fiona: So now you want fortune and fame?
- Mattias: Fortune, yes. Fame...not so much.
- The Stealth Fighter Attack from the Merchant of Menace shop has a minimal cost of $36,000 and a different support icon than the Stealth Fighter Attack given by the South Koreans for this contract.