| You have GOT to be kidding me.|
This article does not fit the vehicle page standards outlined by the "Vehicle Overhaul Project".
Please improve this article as soon as you can.
- "This simple but dependable Chinese car has a top-mounted 12.7mm machine gun."
- — Stockpile caption
This is a lightly armored vehicle armed with a 12.7mm machine gun used for quick troop transport, area scouting and hit-and-run attacks. The Leaping Fox is the Chinese equivalent to the Messenger used by the Allied Nations. It is a little faster than the Messenger, but has less armor. It features a green/white camouflage and the Chinese symbol on the hood and two back passenger doors.
- Unlocked by:
- Cost: $
- Fuel: 80 gallons
- Guidance: Smoke
- Delivery: Helicopter
- Seen driving all over Chinese territory.
- At all the Chinese outposts and the Chinese HQ.
- Can be purchased from the PLA shop.
- After the invasions of the AN and the PLA, they will replace the Iguana MG at some roadblocks leading into Caracas and Maracaibo. Note that you'll need to act fast to obtain them, as they'll likely be destroyed very quickly by Recoilless Rifles or Allied vehicles.
The Leaping Fox is loosely based on the real-life BJ2022.
- The Leaping Fox was originally going to be called the "Dongzhi Scout."
- On the PlayStation 2 version, the main Chinese MG vehicle is called the Dongzhi Scout.
- There is a glitch on the PS3 and the Xbox 360 versions where, if you call one in from your stockpile, Ewan Devlin will fly by, winch down, and not deliver your Leaping Fox. This also occurs with the Bolivar Truck and Capuchin Guntrucks, along with the Veloce. Not tested on any other 'Sports Car' yet.
- The Leaping Fox is named after the mammal of the same name.
- Being an open-topped vehicle, in real life this would be terrible in combat against enemy forces, and would be best suited for transport around Chinese territory or bases.