Overview[edit | edit source]
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Destroy artillery
- Verify the King of Diamonds
Supplies & Support Given[edit | edit source]
- Artillery Strike - x1 Free
- Artillery Barrage - $80,000
- Chinese BJ2020 Scout Delivery - $9,600
- Chinese Supply Drop - $, 800
The Contract[edit | edit source]
As you leave the Chinese HQ there will be a Type 80 tank parked in the parking lot, which you can take and use if you wish. As you drive towards the artillery base there will be sporadic artillery bombardments around Pyongyang Airport, Nampo, and the roads around them, though it mostly lands on the side of the road and shouldn't be a problem. As you drive up the hill to the artillery base there will be an NK roadblock featuring a T-54 and RPG troops. Deal with them and continue towards the base. Once you get close to the base your SNS radar will become jammed.
The gate to the base is guarded by a few enemy soldiers alongside two towers which will infinitely spawn RPG troops. Once they're taken care of, next up is the base's walls. they are very durable, requiring multiple C4 charges and cannon shots to be destroyed. Be careful of the T-54 waiting right behind the gate if you destroy it. Once inside the base you'll find the radar jamming control vehicle to the right of the gate, as well as two SA-8 Anti-Air units in the corners of the base's bottom level. There are also many barracks and guard towers which will spawn new soldiers. Another immediate danger is a recoilless rifle set up towards the back of the lower level, which should be dealt with quickly, adn can also be utilised to destroy the enemy barracks and towers. From this lower level there are three M1978 Artillery pieces on the next hill, two of which can be destroyed from this lower level quite easily using a variety of methods, while the third on the far right side of the base can be taken out suing a Surgical Strike, as long as you stay out of the radar jammer's range. The rest however are further towards the back of the base and cannot be seen or targeted from here. As you run up the base your SNS radar will be blocked by another jammer.
As you approach the upper level of the base the first thing to note is the grenade MG set up facing the hill. Take this out immediately or you'll take heavy damage. To your right there is also an MD-500 Scout taking off, which you can hijack. However, note that there are many Sa-8s around this area and they can quickly shoot you down. Once the last artillery piece of destroyed the King will appear at the entrance to the base driving a T-54 tank. In order to capture him alive, you'll need to hijack it. Once you successfully hijack the tank the King will make a run for it, and you will fail the contract if he gets too far. Fortunately, the King will not fight back so just run up and subdue him to complete the contract.
The value of the contract is the value of the face card, $200,000 alive or $100,000 dead. Completing this contract will make the Artillery Bombardment available for purchase from the Merchant of Menace.
Email Message[edit | edit source]
Sender: Captain Kai Leu
Subject: Contract: 'Knock Knock'
That artillery base is a heavily fortified complex built into the side of a mountain range. It's safe to say you won't be ringing a door bell to get in. If it wasn't for the King being inside, I'd have recommended you pass on this one! Good luck.
Contract Terms & Conditions
1. Destroy artillery
2. Verify the King of Diamonds
Bounty value: $200,000 alive/$100,000 dead
Transcript[edit | edit source]
- Captain Leu: (in Chinese) needs to be filled
- Colonel Peng: (in Chinese) needs to be filled
Col. Peng turns his attention to the mercenary
- Colonel Peng: Song's troops control an artillery base near Kaesong. Traditionally, its guns were aimed south, but now that our presence in the area is secure he aims his guns at us. Take out the artillery for me, and their commander Won Jegal. The Allies designate him the King of Diamonds.
The player remains in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: Colonel Jegal is a dangerous man, one of Song's best. Tread lightly. Do not underestimate him.
The player still remains in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: A coincidence that Colonel Jegal suddenly turns his guns on my men. A coincidence orchestrated by Agent Buford, no doubt.
The player continues to remain in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: Jegal's guns kill indiscriminately! Soldiers and civilians! Men and women die while you stand here idle!
The player accepts the contract.
- Fiona: Jegal has a reputation as an especially cruel leader. he tortured his own men if they were less than perfect.
The player approaches the base
- Fiona: If you want to get past that gate you'll need to call in some heavy firepower or find a North Korean vehicle.
The player destroys an artillery piece
- Fiona: That's one artillery weapon destroyed.
The player destroys their second artillery piece
- Fiona: Two down, three to go.
The player destroys their third artillery piece
- Fiona: That's the third one. You only have two more to destroy.
The player destroys their fourth artillery piece
- Fiona: Great work. Now get that last one and you'll be set.
The last artillery piece is destroyed
- Fiona: All the artillery weapons have been destroyed.
- Fiona: Good news! I've identified the King of Diamond's location for you.
The player verifies the King of Diamonds
- Fiona: Excellent work. We should receive payment shortly.