Overview[edit | edit source]
This is a relatively common variant of the Kestrel series, more specifically, the Kestrel Attack's improved version. It is a considerable improvement over the Kestrel Attack since it has doubled armament with the inclusion of 2 more hard points used for two anti-tank guided missiles.
Like all Kestrels, it is a light helicopter, which has high speed and maneuverability making it hard to hit, but lacks lift capacity and armor making it vulnerable to anti-air weapons.
It can be purchased from the Pirates at $125k.
Kestrel Anti Tanks can be found in these locations:
- The Maracaibo Airport next to a Kestrel during the contract to place listening posts and rescue the UP executive for UP. A Venezuelan Army soldier will eventually pilot this helicopter (Kestrel Tank Hunter) if it is left alone.
- Patrolling the area of "Endangered Cargo Level 3" smuggling contract for the Pirates.
- Patrolling the area of "Black Market, Warm Heart Level 3" smuggling contract for the Pirates.
- "Get Blanco" contract will include several of these helicopters patrolling the Maracaibo Oil Rig, one is landed and being watched over by a manned Scorpion on Northern Eastern helipad.
- "Get Solano" contract will have a small number of Kestrel Tank Hunters flying around the bunker and on the way back to the Villa.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
This helicopter is designed for scouting and dealing with light tanks, vehicles and infantry. The missiles are effective but are in very short supply, they are also limited to light/medium tanks, Heavy Tanks will be significantly harder to destroy. A medium tank can be destroyed with both missiles leaving the helicopter much less capable at dealing with more threats.
Real Life[edit | edit source]
The Kestrel helicopters appear to be based on the French Aérospatiale Alouette III.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the only light attack helicopters to have a carrying capacity of four people; this is because the hardpoints somehow do not affect the back seats.
- It is very comparable to the MD-500 Scout from Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, as it has two anti-tank missiles, a minigun, is operated by the main enemy and can be found early on in the game.