- "Laser targeting required"
- — Merchant of Menace store caption
- "Point and shoot devastation! Count on the Americans to deliver a hail of bullets with pinpoint precision. Note: we are not responsible for loss of gunship to anti-air/SAM attacks."
- — Merchant of Menace store description
The gunship support is an effective airstrike against soft targets. It is useful for destroying infantry and light vehicles, but can also destroy buildings and heavier vehicles with sustained fire. It is comparable to the artillery strike, barrage and bombardment strikes, but unlike the former, it is vulnerable to anti-aircraft artillery.
- Unlocked by: Unknown
- Cost: $60,000 (I), $120,000 (II) and $180,000 (III)
- Guidance: Laser
- Delivery: Lockheed AC-130
- A hint is made to this air-strike and a reference to the film Star Wars during the mercenary's first encounter with Agent Buford during the briefing for Stem the Tide, the first contract for the South Koreans.
- The AC-130 that flies the fire support mission anytime GS I, II or III is called for goes by the callsign "King-Six".
- Becase it is Point and shoot, it is reccomended to use agianst masses of infantry from a distance so they can't shoot the player and cause the laser to point upwards
- If using II or III it is advised to also use agianst armored vehicles like APC's and AA platforms (SA-8 / Type-95 Anti Air)