- "Large firebomb easily clear a large area."
- — Stockpile caption
The Daisy Cutter has a very large blast radius and high damage when compared to early game airstrikes and is a predecessor to the MOAB. It has a random falling debris glitch, similar to but less noticeable than the MOAB's.
Daisy Cutter munitions can be found rarely but randomly spawning near Allied Nations' HVTs and Target Buildings.
- Cost: $300k at the People's Liberation Army of Venezuela and Allied Nations' Shop
- Guidance: Smoke
- Fuel: 300 gallons
- Delivery: C-130
The Daisy Cutter is the nickname given to the BLU-82B/C-130 weapon system under the program "Commando Vault." It is designed to flatten forests into a helicopter landing zone during the Vietnam War and more recently Afghanistan.
- The skinny extension is actually the fuse igniter. By keeping the bomb 38 inches above the ground, the splash damage goes outward, rather than digging itself into a crater and not making an effective explosion.
- This can be found out on the battlefield and can be taken to the PMC. However, it's extremely rare.
- The Daisy Cutter was retired in 2008 (Mercs 2 is set in 2010) and replaced with the more powerful MOAB.