- "A horde of soldiers facing you down?"
- — Merchant of Menace store caption
Mercenaries: Playground of DestructionEdit
- "Excellent for use against enemy personnel and light vehicles. Very cost-effective!"
- — Merchant of Menace store description
The Cluster Bomb is an anti-personnel airstrike that has some effect on light vehicles. It is fairly cheap but only effective against relatively close groups of infantry and light vehicles, while being almost useless against spread out enemy forces and heavy vehicles such as tanks. It is sometimes better to use an Artillery Strike ($40,000) to eliminate infantry and heavier vehicles, but smoke must be used in place of satellite guidance. Another advantage the cluster bomb has over artillery is its quicker payload delivery.
- Unlocked by: Complete 'Out of the Woodwork'
- Cost: $52,000
- Guidance: Satellite
- Delivery: A-10 Thunderbolt II
Mercenaries 2: World in FlamesEdit
- "Wipe out personnel and light vehicles with multiple explosives."
- — Stockpile caption
The Cluster Bomb is a sparkly and pretty airstrike with barely any use. It is a terrible airstrike because it is the equivalent of fifty grenades over a large area; it cannot damage buildings or anything with armor above grenade resistant armor type 3. Besides that, it is overpriced in terms of fuel and uses Smoke Grenade as guidance. When it is used, it is a good idea to set in the center of a large group of infantry (may as well melee them) and then put some distance between the target and the Mercenary.
It can commonly be found all over Venezuela as two bombs on a trolley. It often is a better idea to winch the munition near a target and detonate it to make it damage any type of armor.
- Unlocked by:
- Cost: $75k at the Allied Nations and Chinese Shop
- Guidance: Smoke Grenade
- Fuel: 280 gallons
- Delivery: MiG-27