- "An airfield full of armored vehicles, a heavily guarded South Korean freighter... Why am I not surprised you accepted this contract!"
- Destroy cargo planes
- Destroy freighter
Supplies & Support GivenEdit
The player is supplied with or given as support:
- ∞ × Artillery Strike - $40,000 per use
- ∞ × Artillery Barrage - $80,000 per use
- ∞ × Artillery Bombardment - $120,000 per use
- ∞ × Fuel Air Bomb - Discounted at $160,000 per use
- ∞ × Chinese BJ2020 Scout Delivery - $9,600 per use
- ∞ × Chinese Supply Drop - $4,800 per use
- ∞ × Heavy Weapons Drop - $6,400 per use
It is possible to complete the contract with minimal damage to the mood with the South Koreans. Only killing SK forces will diminish the mood, destroying the cargo planes has no effect and sinking the fighter will cause a loss of mood because any SK forces on board will be killed.
When the contract begins there will be four Chinese soldiers and an S70 Transport waiting for you. The soldiers are unnecessary, though the S70 will make travel quicker and easier. Hop in the helicopter and head to either the airfield or freighter. Both will have relatively small South Korean restricted zones around them, however, once you destroy one, the zone around the other will increase considerably. With this in mind, it is easier to destroy the freighter first, as the restricted zone around Chongju will become greater than the one around the airfield. Even with the expanded zone around the airfield, you will still be able to easily target the planes with laser guided airstrikes from outside SK territory.
Before the South Koreans are put on high alert, the area around the freighter can be freely moved through. The jammer is located at the back of the freighter. Run up he ramp and onto the freighter, killing or avoiding the commandos, and interact with the jammer to disable it. Once it's disabled, jump off the freighter and use an air strike to destroy it. It's quite tough so make sure to use a powerful airstrike to take it down.
With the freighter down, the SK territory around the airfield will increase, but it shouldn't prove too much of a problem. The K200 Surveillance jammer is located at the north end of the airfield. There is a small hill overlooking the compound where the K200 is located, from here an Anti-Tank Missile Launcher should be able to target and destroy it with ease. Watch out for an LHX Light Attack patrolling the area. With the jammer gone you can now fly over to the hills west of the airfield and take out the planes with any airstrike. If you prefer a more direct approach, there is a Type 96 tank parked not too far north of the airfield along the road which can be used to smash your way through the defenses. With both objectives destroyed the contract will be complete.
The value of the contract is $150,000. Upon completion of the contract, intel regarding the location of the Six of Spades will be given. Completing this contract will also unlock the 'Play as Peng' cheat code.
Sender: Captain Kai Leu
Subject: Contract: 'Chokepoint'
I like how we've become the Chinese pre-emptive strike option.
Contract Terms & Conditions
1. Destroy cargo planes
2. Destroy freighter
Contract value: $150,000
The player enters the HQ
- Colonel Peng: Welcome to the endgame, my friend. Thanks to your activities, we repulsed the South Korean offensive here in Dandong. We must now push our advantage, and you are the vanguard of that advantage. Cripple the South Korean supply lines at the port at Chongju. We will pay you well and supply you well. We will all get what we want.
The player remains in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: This will end our conflict with South Korea. They fought bravely, but it was foolish to stand against us.
The player still remains in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: Foolish to stand against us, and you
The player continues to remain in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: This is no time for self-congratulations! You must act quickly!
The player accepts the contract and exits the Chinese HQ. Four armed PLA soldiers are waiting outside to aid the mercenary. An S70 Transport is parked nearby for quick transportation of the soldiers to Chongju
- Fiona: An airfield full of armored vehicles, a heavily guarded South Korean freighter... Why am I not surprised you accepted this contract!
The player approaches Chongju airfield
- Fiona: Your SNS signal is being jammed.
- Fiona: That airfield has restricted access. The South Koreans will open fire if they spot you in there.
The player destroys the three cargo planes on the runway
- Fiona: Good work, but there's a new development: The South Koreans put Chongju on high alert.
The player approaches the South Korean freighter
- Fiona: The jammer is located on the deck of the freighter. You won't be able to call in air strikes until you disable it.
The player disables the jammer
- Fiona: Excellent! South Korean jamming capabilities have been disabled. You're clear to call in air strikes!
- Fiona: All targets have been destroyed! Chinese payment is en route to our account.
The contract ends and the mercenary is rewarded with the promised $150,000
- The e-mail message is from Colonel Peng's assistant Kai Leu, but the message is more fitting of Fiona. This may be a developer oversight.
- The South Korean cargo planes appear to be Antonov An-72s.