- Verify the Jack of Hearts
Supplies & Support GivenEdit
- Artillery Strike x3 - Free
- Fuel-Air Bomb x3 - Free
- Chinese BJ2020 Scout Delivery x1 - Free
As you exit the Chinese HQ there will be a Type 96 tank available to use and a convoy of Type 96 tanks and Type 89 APCs crossing the bridge. Hop in the tank and head towards the Taechon reactor. When you arrive you'll find a heavily armed and armored Chinese force pushing into the reactor. The Chinese are mainly fielding Type 96 tanks, supported by recoilless rifle and grenade MG nests, and an M1955 artillery piece. The North Koreans are mainly fielding T-62 tanks and BMP APCs in defense.
As you push into the reactor you will find a couple SA-8 Anti-Airs and many NK elite officers wearing protective clothing to shield them from the radiation. The Jack himself is inside the open shed next to the reactor filled with shipping containers. If you wish to capture him alive speed and preparation will be necessary. First of all you should clear the area of as many enemies as possible, including the elite soldiers. Then grab a quick vehicle such as a Sungri Scout or Bj2020 and quickly drive right up alongside the Jack. Subdue him, chuck him into the vehicle, and make a quick getaway out of the radiation zone. Speed is important not just because of the radiation, but the advancing Chinese forces may shoot and kill Dr. Han before you get to him. Once outside the radiation zone call in the extraction helicopter and complete the contract.
The value of the contract is the value of the face card, which is $200,000 alive or $100,000 dead. Completing this contract will make the Fuel Air Bomb available for purchase from the Merchant of Menace. Intel regarding the location of the Nine of Hearts will also be given.
Sender: Captain Kai Leu
Subject: Contract: 'Chain Reaction'
The Chinese provided us with the location of the Jack of Hearts. He's currently holed up in a building next to the reactor at Taechon. The area around the reactor is a hot zone. You'll need to rely on the protection of an enclosed vehicle (tank, APC, truck, etc) to get in and get him out. Don't walk around for too long. The radiation levels are VERY high near the reactor. You won't last long outside and unprotected near it.
Contract Terms & Conditions
1. Verify the Jack of Hearts
Bounty value: $200,000 alive/$100,000 dead
The player walks into the HQ
- Colonel Peng: One of my armored battalions has engaged two companies of North Korean tanks in Taechon. The battle cannot last long for either side; the Taechon reactor is in disrepair, and the whole area is bathed in radioactivity. If you will help them, I will provide the location of Dr. Han, who is the Director of President Song's nuclear weapons program. He is also your Jack of Hearts. Talk to Leu if this business appeals to you.
The player remains in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: You will not survive long in the radioactivity without armored protection.
The player still remains in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: Go now! Every minute brings them all closer to death!
The player accepts the contract
- Fiona: I knew we could count on Peng for another face card.
After a certain amount of North Korean tanks have been destroyed
- Fiona: Looks like Song's forces have been pushed back a bit. They still seem to have a strong presence around the reactor though.
After many more North Korean forces are destroyed
- Fiona: Song's men are really taking a beating. They're barely hanging on to the reactor complex.
After a very large amount of North Korean forces have been destroyed
- Fiona: The NK forces lost control of the reactor complex. The Chinese should be able to contain them.
The player subdues the Jack
- Fiona: It might be a good idea to move Dr. Han away from the reactor. You may not survive waiting for the extraction helicopter while being bombarded with radiation.
- This contract is the only time Chinese APCs are encountered in the northern province.
- This is the only contract in the game (excluding ace contracts) where North Korean soldiers wearing HAZMAT equipment are encountered.