- Defend artillery
- 1a. Destruction of all artillery will result in contract cancellation
Supplies & Support GivenEdit
The player is supplied with or given as support:
- ∞ × Chinese BJ2020 Scout delivery - $9,600 each
- 1 × Chinese Type 95 Anti-Air vehicle - available when exiting the HQ
- 1 × Chinese Type 96 Tank - available when exiting the HQ
There is a six minute time limit from when the contract starts to when Chinese reinforcements arrive and the contract is completed.
The first wave of SK forces will be two LHXs from the river. They will start attacking the artillery and will destroy them quickly if left alone. Take them out with either some kind of SAM launcher, another helicopter, or snipe the pilot. Considering the ground forces will rarely engage the artillery, it is possible to complete this contract with the full bonus by simply staying towards the right side of the artillery and focusing almost exclusively on the helicopters. The Chinese will eventually be overrun but if you hide behind the various shipping containers you can avoid most of the ground forces' fire.
After the two LHXs have been destroyed, or have completed their mission, SK ground forces will commence their attack. The first wave will be two K966 Scouts loaded with commandos. Unlike the LHXs they will not immediately go straight for the artillery, instead focusing on you and the other Chinese soldiers around. When being attacked by the infantry always keep an eye on your radar. If you see an inbound helicopter stop fighting with them and deal with the helicopter, as they are the main threat to the artillery.
By this point the South Koreans will start attacking simultaneously by land and air, and K200s will arrive to bolster the SK forces. Some of the LHXs will focus on the artillery while the rest target you and the PLA forces.
Alternatively, if you can snag a powerful helicopter such as the Ka-50 or YAH-56 Gunship, they will be an excellent weapon for this contract. If you are accurate enough with the gun, it only takes a couple of bursts to bring down an LHX and you'll have more than enough missiles to destroy all of the K200 IFVs (3 of them, approaching from the heights of Dandong) and the 4 K966 Scouts they'll also throw at you. You will swing back and forth between shooting down LHXs and taking out land vehicles and troops. Remember, the K200 can also shoot you down with its 30mm cannon, so take them out ASAP.
The contract is worth $150,000. The Bonus is $50,000 per gun that survives, giving a minimum payout of $200,000 and a maximum payout of $400,000. Upon completion of the contract intel regarding the location of the Three of Spades will be given.
Sender: Captain Kai Leu
Subject: Contract: 'An Eye for an Eye'
It appears the good General underestimated the South Korean capability to strike Dandong. Good luck out there.
Contract Terms & Conditions
1. Defend artillery
1a. Destruction of all artillery will result in contract cancellation
Contract Value: $150,000 - $200,000, depending on the number of artillery weapons left intact.
The player enters the HQ
- Colonel Peng: War between the People's Republic and South Korea may be unavoidable. The South Koreans move their troops towards Dandong even as we speak. Once my reinforcements arrive, of course, the South Koreans will be forced to retreat, but until then I must protect my artillery. Should the South Koreans take the artillery before my reinforcements arrive...well, we shall not lets this happen, shall we?
The player remains in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: The South Koreans move and strike with a high degree of tactical organization. It is because of Buford.
The player still remains in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: It is fate that we should be matched against each other, he and I. One's worth in battle is measured by one's opponents.
The player continues to remain in the HQ
- Colonel Peng: Why are you still here?! The South Koreans grow stronger with every passing minute!
The player accepts the contract
- Fiona: Peng really seems to have it in for Buford.
If an artillery piece is destroyed
- Fiona: One of the weapons has been destroyed. Don't panic. We'll still see a good payday out of this if you keep the other ones intact.
If a second artillery piece is destroyed
- Fiona: Another one is destroyed! This may be tougher than we thought.
If a third artillery piece is destroyed
- Fiona: They've destroyed another weapon!
If a fourth artillery piece of destroyed
- Fiona: There goes another weapon. I don't know if this contract is even worth it anymore.
Three minutes until Chinese reinforcements
- Fiona: Chinese reinforcements are almost here! Hang in there!
The Chinese reinforcements arrive
- Fiona: Chinese forces have arrived! Good work...they'll take it from here.