- "We don't find a way to slow the Chinese down, they'll take Pyongyang and I'll have to fold. I need someone to drive down to Nampo and blow up their entire fuel depot. That means every truck, every tank, and that big refinery they got."
- — Agent Buford
- Destroy 3 fuel depots
- Find and destroy 10 Chinese fuel trucks
BONUS: Complete objectives before Chinese reinforcements arrive.
Supplies & Support GivenEdit
- South Korean Supply Drop - $4,000
The player must find and destroy ten Chinese fuel trucks as well as three fuel depots. How they complete the mission is up to them. Note that the player is given 7 minutes for the sake of the bonus, but is free to take longer if necessary.
There is a way to finish the mission without upsetting the Chinese, assuming the player has friendly status with the Chinese beforehand. However, please note that the player will likely not obtain the mission bonus.
The trick is to commandeer 10 of the Chinese fuels trucks and park them all together. If the player has friendly status with China, the player will not be attacked while commandeering vehicles. Once all ten are placed next to each other, two or three grenades should be sufficient to set off a chain reaction, destroying all ten vehicles. If you head towards the lower section of Nampo, inside the Chinese restricted zone, there will be a parking lot next to one of the fuel depots with three fuel trucks already parked next to each other. Quickly find seven more trucks and drive them here, once they are all lined up blow up one and the rest will follow. The trucks will randomly spawn around Nampo, so with some luck you may get a constant stream of trucks around this area, allowing you to fulfill the contract without angering the Chinese and still achieve the bonus objective.
The three fuel depots can be easily taken out with a single RPG rocket. Destroying these without killing Chinese personnel will not hurt your relations with the Chinese.
Alternatively, if the player does not care about their standing with the Chinese, there is another approach for players already hostile to China, not worried about their reputation with China, or only concerned about money.
Before getting the mission for Buford, it is imperative to obtain an attack helicopter. At this point in the game, the player likely can't purchase any attack helicopters from the Russian Mafia yet, so the only other option is to steal one from the North Koreans. Hijacking an MD-500 Scout from Pyongyang is the easiest way to obtain one.
Once the player has the helicopter, go to the South Korean HQ and start the mission. Then, once the mission starts, enter the helicopter and fly to Nampo.
At Nampo, destroy all ten vehicles with the minigun and destroy two of the depots with anti-tank missiles. Then land near the final depot, plant a C-4 and set it off. If done right, the mission can be finished in as little as two minutes.
The value of the contract is $85,000 and $500 for each second before Chinese reinforcements arrive, with a minimum of $500 even if the timer runs out. Completing this contract will make the Stealth Fighter Attack available for purchase from the Merchant of Menace. Intel regarding the location of the Four of Diamonds will also be given.
Sender: Lieutenant Yung Kim
Subject: Contract: 'A Hot Time in Nampo'
"Buford wants to drive up gas prices for the Chinese. Three fuel depots and ten trucks should do the trick. Blow them up and he'll explode your bank account."
Contract Terms & Conditions
1. Destroy 3 fuel depots
2. Find and destroy 10 Chinese fuel trucks
BONUS: Complete objectives before Chinese reinforcements arrive
Contract value: $85,000
Bonus value: $500 for each second before reinforcements arrive
The player enters the South Korean HQ. Buford is talking on the phone
- Agent Buford: I have no idea. No, Mr. Garret, I'm sorry, Colonel Garret. I assure you the CIA has no ambitions in this theater. Well, I can't speak for the South Koreans, of course. Will you excuse me please, I have an important report coming in.
Buford hangs up the phone and turns his attention to the mercenary
We don't find a way to slow the Chinese down, they'll take Pyongyang and I'll have to fold. I need someone to drive down to Nampo and blow up their entire fuel depot. That means every truck, every tank, and that big refinery they got.
The player remains in the South Korean HQ
- Agent Buford: Peng thinks I'm gonna sit here and let him roll right on over this whole place, he's got another thing coming.
The player still remains in the South Korean HQ
- Agent Buford: He knows what he's doing though, I'll give him that. Beijing sent the right guy for the job, I reckon.
The player continues to remain in the South Korean HQ
- Agent Buford: Oh, I'm sorry, were you waiting for an engraved invitation?
The player accepts the contract
- Fiona: Right. A simple contract for a complicated mercenary.
The player approaches a depot
- Fiona: There are the depots. Plan your attack carefully, because more troops will probably show up once the fireworks start. The Chinese are using Nampo to resupply their HQ at the airport and the garrison at Haeju. The fuel trucks should be driving around there.
If the timer reaches 1 minute
- Fiona: Hurry up! Chinese helicopters are lifting off from the airport.
The timer runs out
- Fiona: Here they come. You'd best get out of there before they can ID you.
The player destroys all depots
- Fiona: Good. You've taken out all the depots.
The player destroys a fuel truck
- Fiona: That's one fuel truck down.
The player destroys nine fuel trucks
- Fiona: One more to go. Getting hot down there?
The player destroys all fuel depots and trucks
- Fiona: You've really thrown a wrench in the Chinese operations at Nampo. Buford will be pleased.
- The name of this contract is possibly a reference to the Wartime song "A Hot Time In The Town of Berlin".